Over the last few months, We have found ourselves asking the questions of: What is Lagos Food Bank’s core purpose? How do we best serve the needs of the communities we reach? How do we ensure that we have adequate resources and fundings to deliver on our mission? How can we scale up our programs? And most importantly, how do we ensure Lagos Food Bank’s long-term sustainability?
STRATEGIC PLAN – KEY DATA
- The Lagos Food Bank Initiative will establish an efficient infrastructure to provide nutritious food to Lagos food insecure population, and will actively advocate to reduce the growing issue of Food Insecurity in Lagos and Nigeria as a whole.
- The Food Bank will solicit food donations and purchase food products, and serve these equitably to the food insecure population.
Lagos Food Bank will provide and empower new food bank initiatives with resources and technical support.
- The Food Bank will seek to expand by establishing viable relationships in USA, UK, South Africa and Canada to harness resources to reach our goal in Nigeria.
- The Food Bank will engage in a strong advocacy and capacity building focus, designed to raise awareness, engage stakeholders and influence legislation in favor of food security improvement.
- LFBI will create an association (Association of Nigerian Food Banks) to further enhance coordination of all food banks in Nigeria to ensure unity.
- The Food Bank will develop deliberate partnerships with more healthcare centers and institutions for a healthier, educated, food-secure community.
- The Food Bank will develop its emergency response capabilities to ensure people in emergency situation get swift help/relief