Food Bank Network Nigeria Program (FBNN) is an initiative of Lagos Food Bank that supplies food to a coalition of local food bank partners and credible non-profit organizations across Nigeria. The Food Bank Network program was designed to reach more communities and beneficiaries that are outside Lagos and far-to-reach communities within Lagos environs.
Since the launch of this program in 2020, we have provided food grants and relief packages to over 140 local food banks/pantries and credible non-profit organizations who have in turn reached over 54,000 beneficiaries in Lagos state and South-West Nigeria.
To reach more communities through the coalition of local food banks and pantries by providing them with food and financial grants to achieve the mutual goals of zero hunger.
1. To create a network of NGOs with similar objectives towards solving the problem of poverty and hunger.
2. To partner with other NGOs to reach more vulnerable families with food items and other relief items in the society.
3. To reduce the hunger gap and increase the number of school children who have access to nutritious food through partnership with NGOs within their communities.
4. To widen our reach and coverage towards ending hunger and malnutrition to other states in Nigeria through partnership with organizations in those states.
5. To mentor partner organizations and provide support for them to achieve their organization’s objectives.
MODEL OF DISTRIBUTION
Monthly Food Distribution: Credible non-profit NGOs put in an application monthly or send in sponsorship requests to Lagos Food Bank. After a careful, thorough selection process, the successful NGOs are supplied with food and non-food items to be distributed in their immediate communities. In addition, we also provide cash support to NGOs who are not able to physically come to pick up at our warehouse due to the distance.
IMPLEMENTATION PROCESS/MONITORING AND EVALUATION
As part of our monitoring and evaluation process, a representative from Lagos Food Bank pays a monthly visit to the partner NGO and is physically present at the distribution/outreaches organized by the partner NGO. This is to ensure transparency and accountability of donated items to partner NGOs. The goal is to ensure that the items provided are utilized effectively in bridging the hunger gap in our society.
Partner To Support our web of local food banks:
To sponsor an NGO with cash or food donations kindly Call 0705 861 7222 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org