Meet Some Of Our Corporate Partners
Becoming A Partner
As a dynamic partnership organization, we bring together a diverse set of stakeholders to take on some of the most pressing national challenges of hunger and poverty. Our corporate partnerships link the entrepreneurial spirit and expertise of the private sector with the social and economic objectives of Lagos Food Bank. Our results-driven partnerships with foundations, membership organizations and Churches make a difference in the important effort we make to fight the menace of hunger in our society.
“Please click here for more information on partnership
Corporate entities recognize the value of investing resources in strategic causes and the Lagos Food Bank is a platform for the corporate community to express their corporate social responsibility by giving back to their society. We are therefore soliciting for Corporate entities to join the LFBI as Corporate Partners, working together to solve hunger problems in Lagos.
How can you help?
- Support Lagos Food Bank’s Intervention program. Click here to proceed
- Involve your company through corporate social responsibility and employee engagement by volunteering to work in Lagos Food Bank.
BENEFITS OF PARTNERSHIP WITH LAGOS FOOD BANK:
- We create an avenue for your organization to showcase your CSR activities through our active social media presence on Instagram, Twitter LinkedIn and Facebook.
- In addition to achieving your CRS goals, you get the opportunity to work with a team of committed and compassionate volunteers at LFBI that will facilitate the process of getting food relief to vulnerable families whilst unlocking potential industry opportunities in your sector.
- Global reach/country presence: We provide more visibility of your brand’s social responsibility on our social media page to thousands of people.
- Your organization gets to be featured in our annual report which is viewed and downloaded by over 2,000,000 people worldwide
- We create an avenue for interested staff in your organization to volunteer their time for humanitarian works and also providing an opportunity for your staff to have an interface with the indigent communities outside the walls of the office environment.
- Giving back to your community through LFBI will help your organization build stronger relationships with your existing customers/clients (and gain new ones), peers and employees.
- By supporting LFBI, your business is spreading the word about your values and intentions, while also introducing or re-introducing you to customers/clients who are passionate about what we do at LFBI or tried your product/services once through LFBI.
- Greater aid effectiveness: Through LFBI your company is able to carry out its humanitarian services with greater effectiveness, strengthening local communities and tackling malnutrition.
- Our nutrition outreaches and warehouse packaging sessions are fun and creative ways to encourage employee team bonding and client engagement opportunities. Volunteer service with the Food Bank not only can build employee morale and teamwork, but also reinforces the company’s philanthropic commitment to the community. It can also provide an opportunity to engage with clients/customers in the accomplishment of service for those less fortunate.
- As a partner to LFBI, you get the first seat role to access the necessary information on donation usage, mission, finance, etc. It is a wholesome, accountable, and transparent experience.
- Partnering with Lagos Food Bank gives your organization a chance to make a difference in the society while supporting a worthwhile cause.
- Partnering with LFB in the long run helps to improve sales thereby increasing turnover through brand loyalty and promotion.
- With our local knowledge, proximity to people in need and broad experience in product distribution, we help your organization reach the poorest population groups swiftly and effectively.
- Through our rich grassroots experience, we help your organization bring about transformative social change much more quickly than you can achieve on your own.
Nigerian entertainment industry is indeed big with a global influence. Lagos Food Bank is looking for opportunities of partnering with stakeholders in the industry and influencers to shine a spot light on important issues relating to the menace of hunger in Nigeria. From actors, athletes, musicians to writers, directors, and producers;
How can you help?
- Donate towards LFBI Monthly Projects
- Volunteer in our Monthly Projects
- Show your support for LFBI in TV, film, or music projects
- Use your social media to engage your audience and fans in Lagos Food Bank campaigns
We are soliciting the partnership of the Federal and State Government in security access to Government-owned or –controlled facilities, logistics and delivery support systems that may be available and are appropriate for the use of food banking. Capital investment in LFBI programs and in the development of Local Government Area Food Banks projects.
The Government can also provide funding for LFBI to hire and manage staffs that will assist the Communities who are interested, committed and qualified to create a Food Bank, and finally to further assist our proposed Local Government Area Food Banks by working with LFBI in securing facilities needed to operate the Food Banks, as may be available and appropriate.
To this end, we have also identified what the Government stand to benefit from a public private partnership with LFBI as outlined below:
The 10 benefits of Lagos Food Bank to the Government:
- It will enhance availability and security of food to people who lack the financial resources needed to secure commercial access to adequate nutrition.
- It will encourage private sector participation and donation to reach the downtrodden.
- It is a novel initiative that brings government closer to the people. Shows the government as people oriented and sensitive to the plight of the ordinary citizens.
- It will create job opportunities by direct employment into the various LFBIs in each Local Government Areas.
- It will reduce crime as most crimes are motivated by hopelessness and not knowing where the next meal will come from.
- It will create opportunities for individuals to render volunteer services.
- Government can render disaster relief assistance with the existing food bank structure provided by LFBI.
- LFBI will work closely with Beneficiary Organizations that address the Unique needs of malnourished people suffering from HIV/AIDs etc
- Government’s partnership with LFBI will enable Government cater for the needy without being overwhelmed by the administrative stress of running the food bank.
- It is another form of public private partnership with a charitable cause.
Lagos Food Bank believes that through targeted collaboration, we can do more to achieve a hunger-free Lagos by 2030.
Beyond meeting the immediate needs of our targeted beneficiaries, we welcome other forms of partnerships with individuals and corporate bodies to achieve the following:
1)Provide Boreholes/well with pump with filters or water treatment in one or more undeserved communities.
2) Supply Solar powered kits like rechargeable lamps and bulbs.
3) Refurbish: Public Schools toilets, libraries or provide educational materials like school bags, books and footwear to indigent school children
4) Pay School fees or scholarship for indigent children in the slum communities
5) Sponsor or put an indigent family on food scholarship for 6months for steady food collection from the food banks.
6) Provide medical supplies such as eye glasses, mobility aids like wheel chairs clutches to people living with disabilities, breast pads for nursing mothers
7) Provision of learning materials for children with special needs.
8) Pay hospital bills for the poor in different general hospitals.
9) Provide Sanitary pads for girls/ Promotion of sexual health and Prevention of STDs awareness campaign and supply of condoms.
10) Provide nutritional supplements to Pregnant Women to sustain them through the pregnancy circle.
11) Set up small scale businesses for widows and extremely indigent women In Lagos slums and support for skill acquisition.
12) Provide Mosquito Nets to vulnerable Families living in the slum.
13) Clean up slums and provide waste bins for sustainable and healthy environment
14) Provide Cooking Stoves to households in the slums
15) Provide post-delivery kits to nursing mothers.
16) Provide lunch through food vouchers to selected poor children in different public schools for 3-6 months. Food vendors in schools are paid in advance.
17) Register teenage girls for skill acquisition training and empowerment.
18) Provide clothing to families living in the slum. Second hand clothing are purchased at a very reduced rate from a local market and distributed to children and their parents in the slum.