Fighting Hunger & Malnutrition
Lagos Food Bank is a non-profit, nutrition-focused initiative committed to fighting hunger, reducing food waste and solving the problem of malnutrition through targeted programs that seek to improve the nutrition/food intake of pregnant women and their infants who are not able to get the required nutrient during pregnancy and breastfeeding of their babies.
Our primary goal at LFBI is to reach out to:
- Children from ages 0-16
- Pregnant women and lactating mothers
- Patients with diet-related diseases
- Seniors from ages 50 years and above
- Extremely indigent families
Our Core Values
Compassion: We are motivated by compassion to reach out to the poor
Community: We collaborate with others who share our goals of a poverty free nation.
Connection: We build a community of people that connect with the needs of the most vulnerable in the society.
Contribution : We do whatever it takes to add value and contribute to deliver more services to our beneficiaries through shared goals and mutual support.
• We are Result driven
• We are Accountable
• We encourage Growth
• We Trust each other
• We are Future minded
• We are Innovative
The mission is divided into two major parts:
- To act as a front line agency assisting those struggling with malnutrition and hunger across the country.
- To act as a food warehouse with branches in all the 20 local governments in Lagos and to partner with other agencies that assist people in need.
Vision: To be the Nation’s leading Domestic Hunger relief organization that provides access to sufficient and nutritious food for all.