Nutritious Meal Plan Intervention for Vulnerable Mothers and Children, (NUMEPLAN) project is a three-year (2019-2021) program that seeks to improve the nutrition of vulnerable mothers and children living in underserved communities in Lagos State. It pursues to ensure that they have sufficient intake of required nutrients and food for optimal growth, function and health. Target beneficiaries include pregnant women and teenagers, lactating mothers and under-five children affected by malnutrition, especially under-nutrition. NUMEPLAN goals are;
- To ensure a reliable and constant supply of adequate, safe and nutritious foods for the target beneficiaries.
- To reduce the morbidity and mortality rates associated with under-nutrition amongst under-five children.
- To prevent and control micro-nutrient deficiency among mothers and under-five children living in under- deserved communities.
- Increased access to affordable meal plans and food security through the Lagos Food Bank.
- Increased community involvement in health and nutrition education activities.
- Strengthened capacity of PHCs within the slums to provide, manage and monitor affordable meal plans.
- Increased access of beneficiaries to resources like jobs that match their existing skills to sustain themselves through the on-going job placement program of the Lagos Food Bank Initiative