On Saturday 28th October, 2023 the Lagos Food Bank will be reaching out to its beneficiaries with agricultural produce inclusive of poultry, snail and vegetable produce to establish their backyard farms in partnership with Australian Aid to fight hunger and promote food and financial security.
The goal of the outreach is to promote food security and self-sustenance by empowering the beneficiaries of the program with the necessary small scale agricultural materials needed to establish a backyard farm.
- To reduce the prevalence of hunger and poverty by creating an alternative food source which makes access to fresh and healthy food easy and affordable.
- To promote financial security by empowering beneficiaries with low economic power to become self reliant
- To promote sustainable agricultural practices among vulnerable communities.
The items to be distributed include the following:
- Vegetable Starter Kits (Quality vegetable seeds, Organic Manure and Kegs)
- Poultry Starter Kits (Chickens, Cage, Feeds, Drinker, Feeder, Antibiotics and Multivitamin)
- Snail Starter Kit (Snails, Feed, Cage)
Date: Saturday October 28th, 2023
Location: Dopemu Community, Lagos