together we can beat hunger, improve
food security and our food systems.
we reduce dropout rate among students
while increasing their academic
Food Bank’s TEFAP
Over 1.6 million
needs and operate long term
nutritious food to vulnerable families,
public schools, the destitute, malnourished
people in and outside Lagos.
dedicated to monitoring the
nutritional needs of our
appropriate nutritious food for people
living with diabetes within low-income
communities to live a healthier life.
prospective employers and organize
skill acquisition program.
$1.5M Consolidated Revenue
Food Banking & Farming
With support from individuals and corporate donors through the Lagos Food Bank Farm Funds, we create sustainable means of nutrition by establishing, supporting livestock and crop farming programs within our selected communities.
We strongly believe Food is essential to human existence. We are determined create conditions that will allow people to thrive, systems that seeks to alleviate hunger and combat aspects of multi-dimensional poverty by delivering food and disaster relief items. We champion food banking system in a front line model in the following ways:
- School feeding
- Community Nutrition based interventions
- Urban farming
- Job placement for beneficiary resilience and self sustenance
- Daily Mobile Pantry Services
Fighting Hunger & Malnutrition
Lagos Food Bank is a non-profit, nutrition-focused initiative committed to fighting hunger, reducing food waste and solving the problem of malnutrition through targeted programs that seek to improve the nutrition/food intake of pregnant women and their infants who are not able to get the required nutrient during pregnancy and breastfeeding of their babies.
Our primary goal at LFBI is to reach out to:
- Children from ages 0-16
- Pregnant women and Lactating mothers
- Patients of diet related diseases
- Seniors from ages 50 years and above
- Extremely indigent families
Learn About Our Programs
Send us a
Our Core Values
- Commitment: We are committed to solving hunger induced problems and providing related services
- Compassion: We are motivated by compassion to reach out to the poor
- Community: We collaborate with others who share our goals of a poverty free nation
- Connection: We build a community of people that connect with the needs of the most vulnerable in the society
- Contribution: We do whatever it takes to add value and contribute to deliver more services to our beneficiaries through shared goals and mutual support
Our Vision & Mission
To be the Nation’s leading Domestic Hunger relief organization that provides access to sufficient and nutritious food for all.
There are two parts to our Mission:
- To act as a front-line agency assisting those struggling with malnutrition and hunger across the country.
- To act as a food warehouse with branches in all the 20 Local governments in Lagos and to work with other agencies that assist people in need