Nigerians are food
insecure (World Bank)
by working together, we can end
end hunger, increase food security and
strengthen our food systems.
children are out of
students while improving their
academic performance with our
school feeding program
workers hold the wage jobs
best able to lift them out of
change, we provide women and youths
in underserved communities with means
of sustenance through backyard farming
Over 2 million
provide them with solutions to malnutrition
and livelihood in underserved communities
through our various programs.
million tonnes of food
landfills to vulnerable families, public
schools, the destitute, and malnourished
people inside and outside of Lagos.
burden of malnourished
children in the world and
the first in Africa (UNICEF)
tracking and improving the dietary needs
of expectant mothers, young children,
and their mothers.
Nigerians are currently
living with diabetes
low-income communities to live healthier
lives by providing them with a steady supply
of nutrient-rich food and counselling.
are suffering from
with skills and resources to establish
their backyard farm to generate
$1,000,000 expended on programs
Food Banking & Farming
With support from individuals and corporate donors through the Lagos Food Bank Farm Funds, we create sustainable means of nutrition by establishing, supporting livestock and crop farming programs within our selected communities.
We strongly believe Food is essential to human existence. We are determined create conditions that will allow people to thrive, systems that seeks to alleviate hunger and combat aspects of multi-dimensional poverty by delivering food and disaster relief items. We champion food banking system in a front line model in the following ways:
- School feeding
- Community Nutrition based interventions
- Urban farming
- Job placement for beneficiary resilience and self sustenance
Fighting Hunger & Malnutrition
Lagos Food Bank is a non-profit, nutrition-focused initiative committed to fighting hunger, reducing food waste and solving the problem of malnutrition through targeted programs that seek to improve the nutrition/food intake of pregnant women and their infants who are not able to get the required nutrient during pregnancy and breastfeeding of their babies.
Our primary goal at LFBI is to reach out to:
- Children from ages 0-16
- Pregnant women and Lactating mothers
- Patients of diet related diseases
- Seniors from ages 50 years and above
- Extremely indigent families
Learn About Our Programs
Send us a
Our Core Values
- Commitment: We are committed to solving hunger induced problems and providing related services
- Compassion: We are motivated by compassion to reach out to the poor
- Community: We collaborate with others who share our goals of a poverty free nation
- Connection: We build a community of people that connect with the needs of the most vulnerable in the society
- Contribution: We do whatever it takes to add value and contribute to deliver more services to our beneficiaries through shared goals and mutual support
Our Vision & Mission
To be the Nation’s leading Domestic Hunger relief organization that provides access to sufficient and nutritious food for all.
There are two parts to our Mission:
- To act as a front-line agency assisting those struggling with malnutrition and hunger across the country.
- To champion sustainable food security, nutrition, and empowerment, transforming communities and fostering equitable access to food resources throughout Nigeria.