On the 10th of September 2022, the Lagos Food Bank Initiative will commence the implementation of our One Billion Meals campaign distribution in partnership with the Food Banking Regional Network and Mohamed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Global Initiative at Akoka-Bariga community.
ABOUT THE COMMUNITY:
Akoka-Bariga community is a popular district suburb in Lagos State. Bariga community is surrounded by water from the coastal lines along the Third Mainland Bridge, and is neighbor to Gbagada and Shomolu. The community serves as a Local Council Development Area within the state. Although it has electricity, the area lacks good roads, hospitals, schools, good drainage systems and waste disposal systems. Most of the inhabitants of downtown Bariga are artisans, fishermen and women, traders, due to the location of the community.
ABOUT OUR PARTNER:
The Food Banking Regional Network is a non-governmental organization that organizes charity work, unify efforts and encourages cooperation between different sectors for protecting the right of people to feed themselves in dignity. The FBRN is looking forward to changing the world to achieve food sufficiency, secure the environment, and develop the needy to attain independence and to attain nutritional security.
Through the 1 Billion Meals campaign program, we aim to bring relief to members of the communities by addressing their present food and nutritional needs so they can focus their resources on other long term needs.
- To effectively address pressing humanitarian developmental and social challenges facing communities across the world and implement diverse sustainable projects especially in less fortunate countries in the Middle East, Africa and Asia.
- To reach vulnerable households with staple food items in Lagos, Nigeria.
- To provide food assistance to keep the inhabitants with low economic power from being hungry.
- To meet their immediate food needs and provide them with nutrition support.
- To provide hope through our support and donations to influence positive behaviors in the community.
DATE: 10th September 2022.
BENEFICIARIES: Vulnerable women and children of Akoka Bariga Community.