The family farming program of Lagos Food Bank will set up its beneficiaries with agricultural produce inclusive of poultry, snail and vegetable materials in the programs ongoing commitment to fight hunger and promote sustainable agriculture. The outreach is in partnership with Australian High Commission in Nigeria.
The distribution aims to empower local farmers with essential resources to start their farming and improve food security in the community.
- The primary objective of this distribution event is to provide farm materials to vulnerable farmers in the Agege community, thereby enabling them to start their backyard farm.
- By equipping them with the necessary resources, we aim to contribute to the growth of sustainable agriculture and empower individuals and families to become self-reliant.
The items to be distributed include the following:
- Vegetable Starter Kits (Quality vegetable seeds, Organic Manure and Kegs)
- Poultry Starter Kits (Chickens, Cage, Feeds, Drinker, Feeder, Antibiotics and Multivitamin)
- Snail Starter Kit (Snails, Feed, Cage)
Date: August 5th, 2023
Location: Agege Community, Lagos