LAGOS FOOD BANK LAUNCHES COVID-19 EMERGENCY FOOD INTERVENTION PLAN (CEFIP)
In line with the Community Emergency Preparedness and Response Initiative (CEPR), the management of Lagos Food Bank launched the COVID-19 Emergency Food Intervention Plan (CEFIP) on 25th March 2020.
As a group of people passionate about helping others and driving positive change in vulnerable communities we are currently faced with a huge responsibility to support vulnerable women, children and families who are suffering the economic impact and consequences of Lagos State lock down since the 26th March 2020.
Thanks to your cash and food donations we have been able to mobilize and reach out extensively to our community to ensure they have meals on their table.
- We have responded to this crisis by putting control measures in place to ensure that our volunteers and team are protected when delivering the needed foodstuffs and relief materials targeted communities.
- Relief to NCDC (Nigeria Centre for Disease Control) Health Workers who are on the frontline in the fight against COVID-19 pandemic are also catered for by providing them with the support they need during this critical time especially to boost their immune system.
- Door-to-door food stuff package delivery; We have reached over 15,000 families since the lock down began in different low income communities.
- Funding for purchase and delivery of foodstuffs and relief materials to vulnerable households in Lagos.
WAYS TO HELP
If you wish to be a part of our food relief intervention and preparation, kindly donate via bank transfer to Account name:
LAGOS FOOD BANK INITIATIVE
0463977946 – GTB
Drop off point for non-perishable food items: Plot 10 Lagos Food Bank Building Oba-Lateef Adams Estate, Phase 2 off Olufeso Street, Iloro, Cement B/S, Agege, Lagos, Nigeria
Large Amount of Foods/Products
- If you or a company, manufacturer, supplier, etc. want to donate large amounts of food or products, please contact us at 07031295645/ firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Donate Masks
Getting food out to the community is a critical need during this time. We are currently looking for donations of face coverings to provide to our staff and volunteers so we can continue providing assistance to those who need us most.
3. Start a Mobile food drive
Call on your friends, family and neighbors, do a donating drive, give us a call on 07031295645 or send us an email email@example.com or a DM via Instagram and we will guide you on drop off points. Depending on the size of food donations (100kg upwards), we can offer pick up from your end. Share the message across your social media platforms to help the helpless during the lockdown in Lagos.
Become a COVID-19 Emergency Food Intervention Plan (EFIP) Volunteer
Follow Lagos food bank on Social Media
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for an update on our COVID-19 interventions.
As a result of the lockdown due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) spread, here are some of the challenges we face:
- The need to continually provide emergency food supplies to families and those in financial crisis in a way that complies to social distancing guidelines.
- Ensuring that food stock is maintained at a time when markets are not opened;
- Increased demand as workers are at risk of losing their jobs or compulsorily place on unpaid leave due to the impact on business;